Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Just what I expected...

Well there is no good news to even report.  First of all my doctor had no idea why I was there today until  I reminded him that I had cysts the last visit.  I wish I was there for an IUI visit.  After sitting in the room for what seemed like 30 mins (mind you I felt like crud this morning) he finally came back with the ultrasound machine.  Yup, no good news came from this ultrasound.  My cysts have grown instead of disolved or shrank.  I now have a 3 1/2 cm and 3 cm cysts on my right ovary.

I need to stay on birth control for another month and see if it helps at all.  If they have not shrank or dissolved I will be having surgery in either May or June.  I then of course discussed cancer with him.  I asked do you screen for it when you take off the cysts.  He told me yes but I am too young to even have to worry about that.  My next question was well if for some reason it is cancer what will you do?  His response I take everything out and we do further testing.  Then I asked well if you are taking everything out can we save any of my eggs and the answer was no.

I am feeling beyond defeated.  I have been on the verge of tears all day but haven't broken down yet.  I am just at a loss and pretty numb because every visit I get worse and worse news.  I don't know what to think or do any more.


-Kate

2 comments:

  1. Kate, I am sorry you are going through this. I can't even imagine how you must feel, but I want you to know that I am praying for you and I hope that everything works out for you and Preston.
    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. Is there any way that you can see a different doctor?

    ReplyDelete