Friday, June 14, 2013

Yet another roadblock

Hopefully this post will not be on the rambling end this time.

This surgery wasn't too bad pain wise.  I was pleasantly pleased that I was able to go to work without too much pain.  I guess anything after my last knee surgery seems so easy.

Okay fast forward to this week for my post op appointment.  I should of known that I wasn't going to just walk in there and get to see the pictures from the surgery and get a shot and go on my merry way.  Nothing has been that easy with trying to become pregnant.

Here is a summary of how things went:

-The cyst on my right ovary was the size of an orange and the one on my left side was just a simple cyst and he drained it for me.  

-I have level 3 endometriosis out of 4 levels. Level 4 is when you need a hysterectomy because it has overtaken your reproductive system.  I also have gun powder endometriosis.  I know it sounds crazy right?

-During surgery they discovered that I have a split uterus which means I have another surgery before we even attempt to become pregnant.

-When I do get that shot it won't be 3 months of the menopause but any where from 3 to 6 months long.

-I am getting referred to a doctor in San Diego.

Although I will be seeing a doctor who is specialized in infertility I am not looking forward the 10 hr drive to San Diego and back.  I just want a doctor to tell us that everything looks great and we can finally move on.  I should be hearing back sometime next week when we will start seeing our new doctor.

Until then I think I will be purchasing some mederma to help get these scars to disappear.

-Kate    

No comments:

Post a Comment