Saturday, October 5, 2013

Please let this work!

Well after a lot of thinking and weighing options we opted for the surgery rout.  I finally got ahold of the nurse and asked her a few questions.  She said the shots have great results if they work.  But there is no guarantee that it will work at all.  We were also informed that if our insurance did not cover the shots they would be $550 a shot and we would be doing 6 months worth of shots.  So the only real difference is that the shots could minimize or get rid of my endometriosis and the surgery will laser off any endometriosis that has came back plus take care of any cysts that are developing.  So instead of waiting 6 months to find out if the shots worked and having a surgery to see if everything worked correctly seemed like a big risk to me.  Not to mention the cost of shots if we had to pay that amount.

I am feeling really good about our decision.  I never want to have surgery but in this case I am kind of excited to have this surgery.  I will be having surgery on Friday, Oct. 18th in Fresno.  It should be completely different experience that the last surgery.  Hopefully I wont be crying before I go into surgery because someone can't figure out how to get a blood sample from me.  There is no down time after surgery and we can try as soon as we want.  I do however have to take it easy a few days after surgery just like last time.  I want to try naturally for a few months and see what happens.  Here is to hoping that after all this we can be like everyone else and just get pregnant without any help.  If not I have agreed to Preston that we will try IUI after 3 months.  He really wants us to do IUI right away because he is eager to start a family (not that I am not just as eager but I want things to be as normal as possible).

Well that is all to report for now.  Maybe I will make Preston write the next post so my surgery info afterwards actually makes sense lol! If not there will be a two part post one that doesn't make much sense and then another one that actually makes sense.


-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment