Thursday, January 17, 2013

Now the wait

Well it is official that the 3rd and final round of Clomid did not work. This month was actually the easiest month out of all 3. The 1st month I swore up and down I had no expectations and didn't think I would be upset if the medicine didn't work. Yeah I was a big ole mess. I was deviatated, sad, and angry. Then when I started month number 2 I said the same thing oh I won't be upset this month and I also won't be tricked by the "pregnancy" symptoms. Well my period was 3 days late and I was excited and started letting my mind believe I was actually pregnant. Low and behold the medicine just extended my cycle that month. Then I went through the exact same emotions as the 1st month.

So having my period arrive this month really wasn't a shock. Preston seems to think that I am okay this month because we have a new plan to get pregnant. Which might just be true. Either way I feel that I did pretty good with dealing with things today.

When I was prescribed Clomid I was pretty nervous about the side effects. I have a few friends who have taken Clomid.  So I asked them what I should expect when I am on it. I was told mood swings, hot flashes, pregnancy symptoms, being very sick, and no real symptoms at all. I thought great I am going to be one big hot mess for 3 months. I would often ask Preston are you really ready for all this?  He of course said yes.

Month 1: no symptoms until the very end and I swore I had every pregnancy symptom.
Month 2: I think that was a hot flash?
Month 3: okay that was a hot flash!

The only thing I can really complain about Clomid besides the occasional hot flashes are the horrible 1st day of your period cramps. I am doubled over and practically in tears because of the pain. I will even stand in the shower with hot water for a good 25-30 mins trying to make myself feel better. Tonight was one of those nights (they always happen when I lay down or am trying to sleep). 

Preston and I made the decision we will be trying 3 rounds of IUI. I put a call into our Dr on Tuesday to tell him our decision. We still have a few more questions for him so we are waiting on a call back from him. I will probably call again tomorrow and see if we can talk. 

Alright that's all for now. It's midnight and I have to be up early for PT. 

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment