Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Getting Personal

I thought I'd do an update!  Well our contract was accepted and we are on to the next stage which has multiple stages to it.  We are currently filling out a packet that requires basic information that we have already filled out at least three or four times already.  But now we are required to submit copies of things such as our marriage licenses, birth certificates, W2's, tax forms, layout of our house, pay stubs, and a whole lot more stuff!  I have a huge chunk of it done but there is a lot we have to be patient and wait on.  Preston and I need our doctor to sign off on a form saying that we are healthy people.  But my doctor left for a family emergency and I couldn't get into the clinic until next week.  Preston on the other hand has to jump through a lot of hoops to see his corpsman.  Who knows when he will get someone to sign off on his paperwork.  Another thing we have to have is a will.  So tomorrow we get to venture to the lovely legal office with our favorite receptionist.  Fingers crossed she isn't working tomorrow!!  I am trying to get everything together before Friday morning.  On Friday Preston leaves for 6 weeks.  I want to get this packet in because once this is in we are one step closer to getting matched.

Another step I have been working on is our view book.  A view book is a photo book about us (essentially a scrap book) so that the birth mother is able to get to know us and have a choice in who her child is going to live with.  I am 90% done with it minus a few grammatical errors that I need to fix and add a few more pictures.  The hardest thing I have to do is write a letter to our potential birth mother.  I have no idea what to say to her that wont come across as stereotypical.  I want it to come from the heart.  I've googled some examples and read some blogs about what to say and what not to say.  I just want our book to stand out and that our birth mother will understand our personality.

On top of gathering all of our personal information and creating a view book I have been talking to two home study agencies.  And man oh man is this going to be expensive!! I about had a panic attack the other day.  For us to do our home study and post placement interviews it will come to a grand total of $6,651.  This also includes some education classes we will have to take on top of the ones we are already doing for our agency and some legal matters for the state.  Our new game plan is that we will be doing nothing from here on out!  Well sort of.  We agreed we are not going to eat out at all on non-payday weekends.  On payday weekends we can do ONE fun thing and eat out ONCE.  So to all of our friends if it seems like we are becoming hermits and turning you down we are sorry.  We are trying everything in our power to save as much money as we can.  I thought that we would be able to start our home study in May when Preston gets back from the boat but I don't think that will be possible.  So the new goal is to start it in July.  It kind of makes me sad because that will potentially push back our adoption but I want to make sure we are able to financially do this.

On a side note one of Preston's cousin's is doing a Thirty-One party for us right now.  She is AMAZINGLY not taking any of the profit from this party.  Any of the profit that she makes from the party she will be donating to us!! She is truly amazing to do this for us and we are forever grateful that she has offered this to us.  If you would like to participate in this event please message me.  I have added a few people but I didn't want to add a ton of people to this event because I don't want people to feel like that they are obligated to purchase anything.  So far we have had a great turnout and the party just started on Monday.

As always I will continue to keep you updated on everything!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment