Sunday, December 14, 2014

Let's Catch Up

Sorry, I am really bad about keeping up with blogging.  I guess I would blog more if I actually had anything to report.  A lot has happened since I have last written on here.  So let me catch you up with everything that is going on.

I think it was almost 2 months ago when we went to our IVF doctor.  We were finally going to get the results from all the blood work I had done in July.  After a very long wait and I mean LONG WAIT our doctor came in and went over everything.  My FSH levels are not where they need to be but they aren't super low that we need to be concerned with at this point.  My levels read at a 10.6 at the moment I can not find the average FSH level for a "normal" 30 yr ord female.  I was able to find it like 2 months ago when we left the doctors office but today I can't.  For those of you who don't speak fertility FSH stands for follicle stimulating hormone.  FSH is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland.  FSH levels tells my body to produce eggs for ovulation.  At this time I was also suffering pretty bad back pain that I thought might be because of my endometriosis coming back.  At this point it had been a year since I had my last surgery to remove my cysts and endometriosis.  I had hear of people who have to continue to have to have surgeries to stay on top of the growth.  So we asked our doctor about his thoughts on having another surgery to stay on top of everything and his suggestion is that I should not have any more surgeries and in fact get pregnant as soon as we can.  He is very concerned that if I have any more surgeries it might hurt my chances of getting pregnant with IVF.  My last surgery where Dr. Swanson removed the last bit of my cyst there was quite a bit of scar tissue on my right ovary and he believes if I have another surgery it could do harm to that ovary.

I am going to take a break from this doctor visit and explain some other news.  Preston has decided to get out of the Navy.  He has been contemplating this move for quite some time now.  After many talks of the pros and cons of getting out we decided that it would be the best for both of us.  I can finally pursue a career and start making some money at a non dead end job and he could use all the skills he learned in the Navy and do the same.  With that being said we had to make a decision about IVF.  Our doctor said we could do IVF in January but all 3 of us decided that would be a horrible idea.  I would literally be getting the treatment done the week we moved.  There is no way I would be calm and relaxed for this.  When we do IVF I need to be completely STRESS FREE.  If you know me you are probably laughing right now.  Kate stress free??? HA HA HA!  But for real to be stress free and relaxed as we drive across country and start all over again is not in the cards.  This does make me sad that we are putting our family on hold yet again but I believe it is for the best.  I need to get out of the valley with its horribly water and air.  So our doctor said to call him once we know where we are moving to and he will help us find a new doctor.

As of today we are not 100% sure where we will be moving to.  Preston went to a job fair last week with a head hunter company and has gotten a lot positive responses from everyone he interviewed with.  Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday we will know more.  We will be moving at the end of January.  Even though it will be winter when we move which is not the ideal time to move cross country it is for us.  A lot of friends are either getting out or transferring stations at that time.

One thing I am really struggling with here lately is the holidays.  It's always hard to be away from family at this time but this year I am having an even harder time.  I think its because its another year without children.  I really thought that we would have a baby or be pregnant this year.  It is getting harder and harder every year not being able to start traditions with our children.  Or seeing everyone posting pictures of kids with santa or decorating their house.  I haven't even decorated for any holidays this year.  We didn't even carve pumpkins for Halloween and if you know us we absolutely love Halloween.  Christmas is a close 2nd for me and that comes from my mother and her love of decorating the whole house.  Christmas music instantly makes me in a bad mood.  I've been called a grinch at work all month but it's just so hard to get in the spirit.  I just told my mom yesterday day that I haven't even put up a Christmas tree this year.  So to everyone that has had to deal with my bad mood I am sorry but its just hard this year.  The holidays are almost over and I will go back to normal soon.

I'll try my best to not lack in my updates.

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment